I made pesto like a month ago (that's right, I made something that I did not add massive quantities of sugar to), and shoved the leftovers into the back of the fridge. Now I've pulled it out to eat, but I can't really tell if it's moldy because pesto sort of looks like mold anyway. Hmm. If I'm sick tomorrow, that'll be why.
Still on the baking agenda:
- Red[der] Velvet Cupcakes (believe it or not, the header of the blog is a picture of red velvet cupcakes. Clearly, they are not red. Oops.)
- Chocolate cupcakes from scratch. I was planning to use a nice reliable boxed mix for the wedding, but then I felt like that would be lazy.
- While I'm at it, I'd better find some decent from-scratch yellow cake
- Chocolate frosting for the wedding cupcakes (I shouldn't just rely on the recipe for chocolate butter frosting that I always turn to)
- Banana Nutella Cupcakes, which somebody in my fiction class brought last night. Holy shit.
I'm going to turn to my new Martha Stewart cupcake cookbook for many of these. Martha Stewart probably makes some awesome cupcakes (when she's not in jail, that is. I know, sorry, cheap joke).
Jesus, I'm going to have a eat a lot of cupcakes in the next month before the wedding (oh my god. It's in a month.).